ac/heat blower not working by fiero2kewl
Started on: 04-28-2014 06:52 AM
Replies: 3 (688 views)
Last post by: fiero2kewl on 04-28-2014 09:23 PM
fiero2kewl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2kewlSend a Private Message to fiero2kewlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when I select ac/vent I hear the duct work motor is operational.... as for blower motor I have power at the fuse but nothing at the switch and nothing at both relays under the hood! I tested the motor and it works so My question is Does it go straight from the fuse to the switch? or does it go through another device of some kind... I have looked at wiring diagrams and I am not the best and its kinda confusing... the car is an 86se...HELP thanx for all input.

[This message has been edited by fiero2kewl (edited 04-28-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its probubley either a bad switch or a bad relay. The relays tend to be heavy duety,so Im thinking its a bad switch (check them both out).
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a wiring diagram for the blower motor circuit. Power to the blower switch is routed through the A/C power relay, the A/C power relay is turned on by pushing any of the mode buttons.

With the key on and any of the mode buttons pushed, you should have power on the brown wire cavity "A" at the A/C power relay. You should also have power on the brown wire cavity "D" at the A/C power relay. If the relay is "on", you will have power into the blower switch on the black wire cavity "E". If you do not have power on the brown wire cavity "A" at the A/C power relay, then check for power out of the mode switch on the orange wire cavity "B". Make sure to check for power with the connector plugged in.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 04-28-2014).]

fiero2kewl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero2kewlSend a Private Message to fiero2kewlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AH HA... I havent done the mood switch connector...I know the small motor has power for the ductwork but I have no power at relays no power at fan speed switch so I will test orange wire... hope this gives me an answer thanx

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock