3800sc rebuild questions by jackhill83
Started on: 04-23-2014 06:22 PM
Replies: 3 (155 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 04-24-2014 01:12 PM
jackhill83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackhill83Send a Private Message to jackhill83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so ive never rebuilt an engine before, this 3800sc will be my first. From what i gathered, i guess as long as the bottom end looks good i should leave it alone? also i wanted to run some parts by you guys to see what you think or if you have any suggestions. Ill port the lower intake, (with new metal gasket) zzp heads stage 2 im thinking, port the super charger, with 3.4 pulley?? northstar throttle body and mass airflow sensor. also a zzp cam, not sure which one though, i guess either the hot cam or the vs cam. new water pump, altenator, timing chain and tensioner. ill prolly just buy the zzp trans too. thats all i can think of off the top of my head right now. any suggestions are appreciated. thanks.

[This message has been edited by jackhill83 (edited 04-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By no means take either the Rod nuts or main caps loose, unless you are Planning to Rebuild EVERYTHING. It's not like a small block chevy where you can pull the caps to "Check bearings" . Once you do, you have to buy all new bolts ($7 per rod bolt x 12, main bolts.$7 per.. if you plan to use main "Studs", they say you have to "align bore". so ...... if the bottom end sounded good, leave it alone
jackhill83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackhill83Send a Private Message to jackhill83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

By no means take either the Rod nuts or main caps loose, unless you are Planning to Rebuild EVERYTHING. It's not like a small block chevy where you can pull the caps to "Check bearings" . Once you do, you have to buy all new bolts ($7 per rod bolt x 12, main bolts.$7 per.. if you plan to use main "Studs", they say you have to "align bore". so ...... if the bottom end sounded good, leave it alone

so basically take it down to the block, if all looks well dont touch the pistons, crank, and rods??
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, as soon as you loosen bolts anywhere on the crank, things get expensive. Make sure you Have a Good "TOOL" for setting the degrees after torqueing bolts also.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock