control arm bushings by the99camaro
Started on: 04-18-2014 11:45 AM
Replies: 10 (1168 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 01-02-2015 12:13 PM
the99camaro

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the99camaroSend a Private Message to the99camaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi could someone give me the moog part numbers for upper and lower front contol arm bushings for an 88 gt. I want to make sure I get the right ones. Advance seems to have them but for the upper they come with the shaft I don't need the shaft. Where is the best place to get them I want to install these this weekend so will get them from advance if I can but also looking at rock auto thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the99camaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the99camaroSend a Private Message to the99camaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry didnt state that I was looking for rubber bushings but thankyou still useful information
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summit Racing sells them. call them, best price too.
the99camaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the99camaroSend a Private Message to the99camaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lou, has anyone verified the bushings suggested on the ogre's cave for an 88 that's some old information was just wondering if it still holds true?
http://home.comcast.net/%7Efierocave/moog.htm

[This message has been edited by the99camaro (edited 04-18-2014).]

the99camaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the99camaroSend a Private Message to the99camaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the99camaro

70 posts
Member since Jan 2013
Found a site that cross references the original discontinued gm part numbers to moog part numbers and advance has both so I'm going to try them out.
Upper control arm 462980 is moog K6170
Lower control arm 470722 is moog K6163
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by the99camaro:

Found a site that cross references the original discontinued gm part numbers to moog part numbers and advance has both so I'm going to try them out.
Upper control arm 462980 is moog K6170
Lower control arm 470722 is moog K6163

Did you ever get these replaced? how did it turn out?
fast40driver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't have them yet,Rock Auto has the lowers on wholesale closeout for $4.00 each - just bought 12 last week.

Mike
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fast40driver:

If you don't have them yet,Rock Auto has the lowers on wholesale closeout for $4.00 each - just bought 12 last week.

SOUNDS LIKE all the vendors are starting to discontinue parts for the Fiero.
I got steering rack TRW inner tie-rod ends at $5 each as a closeout from Rock Auto last month.

I guess we'd better stock up while these things are still around.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Folks...keep in mind that the front LCA bushings aren't listed for 88s anymore by Moog.

The 84-87 front LCA bushings from Moog are the same as the 88 bushings. (diameter, length, etc.)

The UCA bushings are still available, and the 84-88s have the same part # by Moog.

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

SOUNDS LIKE all the vendors are starting to discontinue parts for the Fiero.
I got steering rack TRW inner tie-rod ends at $5 each as a closeout from Rock Auto last month.

I guess we'd better stock up while these things are still around.

Yeah, I've also not seen a single Fiero in the junkyard in the past ~2 years. About 3-4 years ago, I saw at least one every other weekend. A couple of years before that, there were at least two every weekend. Keep in mind, they fly-through cars every week, so when I say that I saw them... they were "new" to the yard. I can remember 10 years ago when there were rows of them.

Haven't seen one in 2 years now... haven't even seen any on the road lately either.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock