Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Caddilac rotors, calipers, and instruments?????

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Caddilac rotors, calipers, and instruments????? by Diamond Dave
Started on: 03-24-2014 02:39 AM
Replies: 6 (251 views)
Last post by: Diamond Dave on 03-26-2014 09:03 PM
Diamond Dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can 97 STS callipers and rotors be used on a Fiero? Also wondering if the instruments can be swapped over? I intend to use a Northstar in a conversion and would like to know how many parts I can use from my 97. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Most of my running gear is new and think this would be great to convert if possible without too much trouble. Speedo and tach would be great. What do we know about these swaps? Thanks DD

------------------
Diamond Dave
The real DD not the rocker dude
84 Enterra Vipre (The only One)
88 Formula 2.8

[This message has been edited by Diamond Dave (edited 03-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bolt pattern is 115mm.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DOn't toss out the idea based on the bolt pattern alone. Have a look at the calipers, the mounting arrangement, the rotor thickness, the offset, etc. They won't bolt up, but could be made to work with some enjuneerin'

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used 95 Seville calipers on my rear ebrake conversion and used Grand Am rotors. It required a conversion bracket for the caliper to mate up to the hub flange

I haven't seen any concern over the strength of the hubs or bearings though.

Arn

------------------

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your time and feed back. Anyone else have experience with this topic?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The depths of the rotors (front & rear) will fit the front/rear of an 84-87, but the issue will be the brake bias with the STS calipers. The front caliper is 63.5mm and the rear is 38mm. Stock Fiero is 48mm front and rear, so the STS calipers will have a significant increase in front braking while also having a significant decrease in rear braking.
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow fieroguru that blows my mind that the swept area was so little on the STS. With 11.9" rotors and that heavy a car you would think it would be greater in the rear. I am stuck with the 84 because of body parts being glued down so I want to uprade the suspension and brakes. Would I gain anything with using the 88 Formula cradle?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock