running rich by krum
Started on: 03-14-2014 08:26 PM
Replies: 11 (343 views)
Last post by: krum on 03-24-2014 04:30 PM
krum

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a 84 2.5 it is running real rich. what can cause it to run rich and where should i start to fix this problem?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a start...

What do your spark plugs look like when you pull them out? Do they all show even wear and/or coloration?

How old is your O2 sensor?

Does the injector leak/drip when the fuel pump in primed and the engine is not running?

Does the injector have a nice even spray pattern, or is the fuel drizzling out when the engine is running?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-14-2014).]

krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just put spark plugs in it new fuel pump it sprays evenly not sure on the o2 sensor
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by krum:

i just put spark plugs in it

Well, what was the condition of the ones you took out? Did they all look the same as each other?

new fuel pump it sprays evenly

A new fuel pump doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the condition of the fuel injector, but if the injector doesn't leak and is spraying evenly.... great.

not sure on the o2 sensor

If you don't know the age/condition of the O2 sensor, it would probably be a good idea to replace it.
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all of the plugs were the same they were black if i remember correctly . i am gonna replace the 02 sensor the fuel pump was dead when i got the car thats why i replaced it

[This message has been edited by krum (edited 03-14-2014).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your MAP sensor connected to engine vacuum correctly? Any vacuum leaks? Unplug the MAP sensor electrically and how well does the engine run?
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i unplug the map sensor it runs like crap no vacuum leaks

[This message has been edited by krum (edited 03-15-2014).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So your prime suspects now should be that 02 sensor or the Coolant Temp Sensor.
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i ordered a coolant temp sensor a 02 sensor and the other temp sender/sensor i should have them thursday i will be putting them in on the weekend
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i think the problem is fixed i replaced the o2 sensor ,temp sensor , and the temp sending sensor
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you happen to replace one at a time and check to see if the problem was fixed?

Just curious as to what turned out to be the problem.

PFF
System Bot
krum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krumSend a Private Message to krumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i replaced them all at once only cost me like $30 for all 3 of them on rockauto

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock