Started on: 02-10-2014 10:54 PM
Replies: 2 (689 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 02-10-2014 11:59 PM
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a V8 Archie Front Mount Battery Tray. I have been trying to come up with ideas on how to secure the battery (other than using the spare tire that I don't have). It has to be secure to pass inspection anyways and I don't like the battery to be loose anyways. The battery is a stock Fiero size battery, its an Interstate MT-75 battery. I have came up with these two possible solutions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDW...em2c7b9d235d&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC1...em43b99d34d0&vxp=mtr

Thoughts? Better Solutions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Thoughts? Better Solutions?

I don't know if it's a "better" solution, but what about just securing the battery the same way as it's done in the OEM battery tray? That's the way I've done it with my front tub battery installation.

When I brought my Formula to BC from out of province, it had to pass the provincial safety inspection. I had already done the battery re-location when I took the car in for its inspection, and the battery mount I had fashioned up front passed no problem.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don't know if it's a "better" solution, but what about just securing the battery the same way as it's done in the OEM battery tray? That's the way I've done it with my front tub battery installation.

When I brought my Formula to BC from out of province, it had to pass the provincial safety inspection. I had already done the battery re-location when I took the car in for its inspection, and the battery mount I had fashioned up front passed no problem.

I have archies batt box and just placed a strip of aluminum on the bottom outside of the box drilled a hole in it,and then slotted the batt box (for adjustment from diff batts) and then just used an OEM style batt clamp.....looks neat and clean and can swap the batt fast and use diff size batts if required

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock