Started on: 02-01-2014 04:55 PM
Replies: 11 (380 views)
Last post by: Big Paul on 02-04-2014 01:00 AM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two questions:

Can windshield washer sprayers be aimed?

What can be done to keep them from freezing up?

I discovered my sprayers wouldn't spray the other day in extreme cold. I thought the little motor might be bad so I changed it. My first spare was split down the side. Apparently, the previous owner used water in the washer system. It looked like it had frozen and split. My other parts car had one and it worked. Then I discovered my Honda Pilot had the same trouble. Wouldn't spray at all. It started working when it warmed up. Both have the same washer fluid in them.

When testing the Fiero's sprayers, the driver side shoots too high. Adjustable?

Jonathan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freeze... use better fluid. Normal Blue fluid use methanol and can freeze after alcohol dries. Many adds Ethylene Glycol to help stop that.

Aiming... some say yes but I Don't know. Never tried.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue washer fluid is JUNK in the winter we are having this year, and it is difficult to find anything better. I got some orange stuff they said was good to -40*F, and it was frozen at -5*. The spray could be going too high because of ice in the line.

You can use this stuff if you can find it.....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-01-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definately a blue fluid thing.

Jonathan
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are a little too high even at normal temperatures. I don't know if they are adjustable. I'm going to have to poke around and find out.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use this fluid in all my vehicles. Never had a problem, even when I lived in Maine during negative temps.

http://www.rainx.com/produc...-fluid/#.Uu2jK7RQB3U
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

I use this fluid in all my vehicles. Never had a problem, even when I lived in Maine during negative temps.

http://www.rainx.com/produc...-fluid/#.Uu2jK7RQB3U

That is good stuff.

sniper69

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is the purple power windshield washer fluid. It will go to -35 F. Something like this http://www.autoparts2020.co...T_HDR_ID=44472&cat=2

While living in Germany there was a blue windshield washer fluid concentrate that was sold. It could be mixed in different ratios for different temps. The stuff worked great in the winters there. I'm not sure if something similar is available in the states or not.

[This message has been edited by sniper69 (edited 02-01-2014).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use a stick pin in the nossle and carefully move to the spot you want.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been using the cheapest off-brand blue washer fluid from Wal-Mart in all of my cars. It has been consistently below zero here in Minnesota for the last month and I've yet to have my washer fluid freeze up. Even on the cold -25° mornings we've had, it still sprayed. It made some cool looking ice crystal formations across my windshield at -25°, but it sprayed.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 02-03-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Use a stick pin in the nossle and carefully move to the spot you want.

Thanks for this tip. I'm going to try it if my sprayers don't seem to be aimed correctly when it warms up and I can confirm that they are doing the best that they can do.
PFF
System Bot
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been wondering the same thing. One of mine shoots at the very bottom of my windshield, and the other shoots over my windshield. Comes in handy for tailgators...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock