Feedback and search by cmechmann
Started on: 01-31-2014 08:23 PM
Replies: 2 (90 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 02-01-2014 02:58 PM
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I like to thank anyone that has shared their experiences and time to answer questions here.
I'm relatively new here, but have worked on cars longer than Fieros have been out.
I try to be helpful. I don't try to know everything. I just try to help with what I do know. I can't always be here and if I see that someone has posted what I would, I don't reply. If I see a topic that is repeated over and over I don't reply. Search. If I see someone has not got an answer and I can help, I'll try.

It greatly reduces the amount of threads if you do a good search. If you don't find answers, by all means ask(I would and have).
It is frustrating to see the amount that people try to help and when the original Questioner doesn't give feed back as to if the problem had been fixed and what did it. That makes the searches almost useless and makes others that do try hard to search and read get to the end of the thread and not know if all they read fixed a problem they have.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are right, many threads end up nowhere, but when it works as it is supposed to, it's a beautiful thing.....
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've gone over this a tremendous amount of times here on PFF. Especially with searches.

The biggest issue is thread titles. Don't start your tech thread title with "OMG!11! sUPer DuPEr HXZORS OMG prOBLeM w/ MAI fiero YO!", or "good God Almighty help me please!!!1111one!", or similar. The first thing that is seen in a search query is the thread title, so an effectively titled thread can make subsequent searching easier.

The other REALLY BIG thing is the VERY first post of a tech thread should include everything relevant about your Fiero. Not everyone here knows what every single person drives, and even though some may not think it I would surmise that about 90% of tech questions asked are very specific to a particular year Fiero and trim level. The year, trim level (GT, SE, etc), relevant options (like maybe transmission option), etc, should always be put in the very first post; really it should be the first sentence BEFORE you even state the problem.

I don't claim to know everything too, not about cars in general or even Fieros, but man it can be really difficult to help in tech sometimes with how threads play out.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 02-01-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock