Horn contact switch installation dilemma by Lou and Blue
Started on: 01-12-2014 07:11 PM
Replies: 4 (789 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 01-14-2014 07:47 AM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all ! I have recieved the horn contact switch I ordered from fiero factory and I guess I'm not installing it right. If I put a copper wife down I. The hole and jump it to the center of the column the horn sounds. If I install the contact switch it doesn't sound. I'm not sure if the spring is too big and not letting the pin go down all the way. Maybe I have it installed wrong.
Can someone please take a pic of it installed or at least draw a diagram that shows the correct installation. An archived thread had this info but the picture doesn't work and it just says its easy to put it in upside down by mistake .
Thank you all !!!!!!

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 GT
"Gettin' There"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this thread after researching google images, looks like I had it in wrong after all. I had the plastic then the spring then the pin, head up, this looks like the spring goes in the tube, then the plunger head down then the plastic. Ill try it tomorrow after work.

Here's the thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/124242.html

Thanks
Louis

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 GT
"Gettin' There"

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou and Blue

1349 posts
Member since Dec 2013
Ok this site confirms that I was I itially wrong and shows how to install the horn contact switch .
http://www.crankshaftcoalit...ing_Rack_Rebuild.pdf
It's all the way down on page 65 .
Thanks to all who thought of going outside and taking theirs apart to tell me how it is assembled.
I know that there's gotta be someone out there who thought that maybe ... Just maybe.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 GT
"Gettin' There"

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed it correctly spring... Pin head first,... Plastic insert ....
AND IT WORKS GREAT !!!!!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bookmark this thread in the future for ANYTHING relating to the steering column; it's one of the best write-ups on PFF.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/088020-3.html

If you scroll down to the very last image in the quoted post, you'll see the proper orientation for the horn pin. You'll also see how to deal with both the regular horn pin and if you have the 1986-1988 steering wheel with the paddles on each side.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock