2014 Corvette Hood Vent on A Fiero? by whitestar
Started on: 01-08-2014 02:47 PM
Replies: 11 (993 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 01-11-2014 07:34 PM
whitestar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think? 2014 Corvette Hood Vent I have searched and can't find anything like it. Wondering if someone could "Photoshop" it to see what it would look like. Since I can't find one for sale,wonder how hard it would be to have one made?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The angle may be a little too aggressive to match the stock Fiero front. But, if you took an Angle Hood vent and built a replica of the new Vette hood grille matching the front angle, that would be SICK!!!!! I suggest the Angel Vent because of the raised edge around the opening being not-dissimilar from the lines on the new Vette hood...

Cool idea!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something like this?

This is a modified Fiero Addiction hood vent. I'll finish it someday

Bob
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Something like this?

This is a modified Fiero Addiction hood vent. I'll finish it someday

Bob

Wow that looks good.
whitestar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whitestarSend a Private Message to whitestarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is pretty good. But I like it better as one piece and without the separation between the two vents.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work, looks great. Are you going to put water catching trays under them?
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. It's been too long since I worked on it.

Originally posted by Francis T:

Nice work, looks great. Are you going to put water catching trays under them?

No, it will be venting the radiator. It does not go into the storage compartment.

take care...

Bob

PS: I should have mentioned that the cardboard above it was there to cover the vents so my tools didn't fall through. It's temporary,

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-10-2014).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been a while since I looked under a Fiero hood, but as I remember only like 8" of the front of hood are over the radiator. The rest of the hood covers the spare tire compartment. Seems to me that the tire compartment is completely open to water under that series of vents since they look like they go half way up the hood. Maybe its a bad angle or Im totally wrong. Id have to see an open spare tire compartment to tell for sure.

Cut out and mount, OEM, $200.
http://www.westcoastcorvett...ood-vent-grille.aspx

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-10-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Its been a while since I looked under a Fiero hood, but as I remember only like 8" of the front of hood are over the radiator. The rest of the hood covers the spare tire compartment. Seems to me that the tire compartment is completely open to water under that series of vents since they look like they go half way up the hood. Maybe its a bad angle or Im totally wrong. Id have to see an open spare tire compartment to tell for sure.

Nope, its a standard Fiero addiction vent, with the exception of the gills, that is actually moved forward toward the radiator (I thought it looked better). I've had the hood on the car, so I know it's ok. I think the cardboard covers make it look longer.

Bob
Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

That appears to be nothing more than a mesh grill backing. A $200 glorified gutter guard.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think your right. I thought it was the mesh and the louver panel.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

That appears to be nothing more than a mesh grill backing. A $200 glorified gutter guard.

Why not use the mesh under the 84 4 cyl in the rear over the engine vents under that vent or something similar, I'm sure there is something in sheet form available that will work under those vents, they do look good as long as like you say they are just in the radiator area. and what about the headlights under there as well? are they susceptible to water damage from those vents?

They do look good!

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock