Started on: 01-02-2014 03:41 PM
Replies: 27 (1300 views)
Last post by: ignorant prodigy on 04-15-2014 04:34 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I know I can use SC883F 3+ clutch. The problem with the F23 is it will hit the bellhousing. I am told to get the "extra clamp" pressure plate, a $99 option. However, speaking with Paul at Spec Clutch, he has no idea what I am talking about. If you have one, does it have a p/n??

So do I order the SC863F 3+ for the 2000 Caviler and spend the extra $180?

If not, what other option do I have? I have got to get a clutch for this stupid car ASAP.

This is the correct pressure plate. You will notice the smooth center around the clutch fingers.

The normal pressure plate has a "saw blade" design around the fingers and will hit the bellhousing of the F23.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-02-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a post from Jeremy at Spec

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...14-2-106813.html#p30

He is saying to use the SCS88 prefix. So I assume I need a SCS883F. I don't know, but I have called SPEC twice today and they seem pretty busy just coming back from the holidays and don't seem to want to spend much time helping me figure this out.
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Ok, I know I can use SC883F 3+ clutch. The problem with the F23 is it will hit the bellhousing. I am told to get the "extra clamp" pressure plate, a $99 option. However, speaking with Paul at Spec Clutch, he has no idea what I am talking about. If you have one, does it have a p/n??

So do I order the SC863F 3+ for the 2000 Caviler and spend the extra $180?

If not, what other option do I have? I have got to get a clutch for this stupid car ASAP.

This is the correct pressure plate. You will notice the smooth center around the clutch fingers.

The normal pressure plate has a "saw blade" design around the fingers and will hit the bellhousing of the F23.

is it the pressure plate housing that is hitting the bellhousing, or the throw-out bearing being pushed all the way back and binding?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its the out side edge of the PP hitting.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The higher price for the cavalier clutch is likely because they are including a new HTOB. You might ask them to sell it w/o the HTOB.
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its the out side edge of the PP hitting.

gotcha.. yeah the sawblade style looks thicker than the other one..

have you checked out clutchnet to see what options they have?
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 3+ kit with the standard PP has one with the smooth center, no saw blade look. 3+ for the fiero getrag 5
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the SC883F with an F23 and didn't have any problems, but it's not the 'saw blade' design.

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The saw blade one as they call it does hit where the one shown by Netcam does not interfere as well as the SPEC III for the V6 4 speed which I have used a few times now. Dan
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It may because SPEC no longer offer the "saw blade" PP. Paul was talking about something was discontinued but couldn't give me a straight answer.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got mine a few months ago, so if you go with the SC883F you shouldn't have any problems. The only thing needed on top of the clutch was a spacer to keep the TOB from over-extending. Spec wasn't able to help me with that (they didn't seem to know what I was talking about either), but FIEROFLYER was able to get me one.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're looking for the HTOB spacer, try asking them for this part number N1774-.250 This is what was on my invoice and I told them I was having a F23 getrag mated to the 3800

When I ordered it last year, they had just put that number into their system. I was charged $60 for it.

Hope that helps!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-02-2014).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

If you're looking for the HTOB spacer, try asking them for this part number N1774-.250 This is what was on my invoice and I told them I was having a F23 getrag mated to the 3800

When I ordered it last year, they had just put that number into their system. I was charged $60 for it.

Hope that helps!

Nice, did you use the SC883F? I know I didnt need a spacer with my current set up. *shrug* couldnt hurt I guess.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that's the part number I used. Actually in the bottom center of the picture I posted you can see the part number

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 01-03-2014).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am told to get the "extra clamp" pressure plate, a $99 option.

You are going to need all the extra clamp force you can get.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clutch is ordered. So glad I found that post by Jeremy@Spec. For some reason, the "super clamp" option does not come up in the sales system (they have to know the prefix), the SCS88 is what you need. I also picked up the HTOB spacer that was suggested. Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-03-2014).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No superclamp? Are you taking the turbo off?

------------------
10.91@133.1

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to say it, but Spec sent me the wrong throwout bearing and then say there is only one type. When I explained I have a MUNCIE not a Gehtrag they didn't know what I was talking about and reiterated they only have one type. Talk about useless in the service department.

I see in Doublec's pick that he got the right type.

Arn
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

No superclamp? Are you taking the turbo off?

I got the super clamp PP, SCS883F. Turbo is not coming off.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the clutch kit today. I assume the HOTB spacer is pressed onto the HOTB from spec. Must be that aluminum "cup" on the end?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got the clutch kit today. I assume the HOTB spacer is pressed onto the HOTB from spec. Must be that aluminum "cup" on the end?

Sounds right from what I remember. Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

PFF
System Bot
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just called spec today and they no longer make the scs88 pressure plate. I don't know what clutch to order because the one they sent me, sc883f, hits the bellhousing
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattman134:

I just called spec today and they no longer make the scs88 pressure plate. I don't know what clutch to order because the one they sent me, sc883f, hits the bellhousing

Where does it hit? The diff carrier casting?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back apart... fml

I spoke with Jeremy at SPEC today. They were closing but he had me send some pics and we are gonna try to figure out exactly what I need. I am REALLY over pulling this engine out.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is where I have found a few different clutches want to rub on the F23's. So far the only ones that have cleared ok were the SPEC 3+ Getrag 5 speed one and also had a SPEC 3 4 speed clutch clear ok. Dan
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting to hear back from Jeremy @ SPEC. I am half tempted to reinstall the hacked up clutch Whodumbass installed. its ugly and not right, but it worked. :/
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might have went over this already but your flywheel looks too thick.

------------------
10.91@133.1

ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whatever happen? Did it turn out to be the flywheel?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock