Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  what "red" is used for 2.8 engine covers?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
what "red" is used for 2.8 engine covers? by woodyhere
Started on: 12-19-2013 01:29 AM
Replies: 8 (376 views)
Last post by: woodyhere on 12-21-2013 08:32 PM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What rattle can red engine paint is the right color for the valve covers and plenum?

Thanks, Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chrysler Engine Red. It's the nearest match with what you can just go and buy from the store.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the Ford HT paint. looks good to me. Pics in my thread below.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

Rob
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Chrysler Engine Red. It's the nearest match with what you can just go and buy from the store.

I agree,Chrysler Engine Red.Allso Autozone Rust Oleum Engine Enamel Red 500 degree engine paint. The Ford HT paint looks nice too.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-19-2013).]

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob your engine detailing really looks top drawer. I like the red you chose. It looks great. Last year I painted my sbc yellow. I really can't tell you why. I am stripping the paint off right now. I'm going to leave the aluminum Profiler heads and intake aluminum colored (clear coated) and paint the rest of the engine a red that is very close to the stock med. red on my 87 exterior. I enjoyed looking through your build pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used VHT chevy orange-red.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used Ford Engine Red HT paint from Duplicolor. When I take a good (non faded) plenum and put it next to my painted one they look identical. The Ford HT one looks a bit deeper, but that might be because I put more layers on it.
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all do know that the factory finish for the upper intake and valve covers was powdercoat, not paint. The couple of times I've redone a set I get them powdercoated. Never have had a problem with the powdercoat turning orange after some heat cycling of the engine.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted the red to match the original color. Then I had a change of heart after looking at pics people shared. I'm painting parts of my sbc red. The heads, intake, water pump and front mounts are polished aluminum - clear coated. I decided to use a red that matches the medium red of the car for the block. I know powder coat would be better and like the original but I can't really do the block that way. Paint will just have to do.

Thanks,

Woody

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock