Weird Tachometer issue by Jecklen16
Started on: 11-24-2013 02:57 PM
Replies: 5 (195 views)
Last post by: Jecklen16 on 11-29-2013 05:37 PM
Jecklen16

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jecklen16Send a Private Message to Jecklen16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an '85 fiero gt I just purchased. Nothing on the instrument cluster worked at all when I first got it, now after replacing all fuses the speedo works, the tripometer doesn't, the odometer works, not sure if the fuel gauge does, oil gauge goes everywhere, the weird thing is the tachometer slowly rises higher and higher extremely slowly. To the point where at about 10 min the tach spun in almost a complete circle stopping at the start... any idea what is causing this and how to fix all my gauges but specifically the tach.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is probably your tach filter. It is located near the coil.

Arn
Jecklen16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jecklen16Send a Private Message to Jecklen16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I need to replace it?
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Either way, it will have lost it's value after all these years and will not be reading correctly anyway. It is a cheap fix

Arn
Jecklen16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jecklen16Send a Private Message to Jecklen16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
Jecklen16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jecklen16Send a Private Message to Jecklen16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the tach filter, now I have a new strange issue. When I turn the key to the ready position but dont actually crank it, the tach goes to 500 each time it cranks it ads 300 to 500 to the tach then when it starts it spins back to the start again. Any idea what to check next?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock