Will these Axles work? by animal
Started on: 11-12-2013 05:58 PM
Replies: 4 (162 views)
Last post by: animal on 11-14-2013 06:05 PM
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received some new axles for my Indy (84 4 cyl automatic) from Rock Auto - they were made by Cardone. The end that goes in the knuckle has what looks like a gear (has teeth) on it. They look like they might fit, but i can't tell if the gear will interfere. I have no idea what the purpose of the gear might be. Has anyone used these axles? Will they work?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't be sure if they are the right axles, but the toothed rings are for ABS. They can be knocked off. There were many cars that the axle also fit. Even later cars with ABS.
animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I've never seen ABS axles before, so I was stumped. Otherwise they look like a fit.

Originally posted by cmechmann:

I can't be sure if they are the right axles, but the toothed rings are for ABS. They can be knocked off. There were many cars that the axle also fit. Even later cars with ABS.

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gears are "tone rings" for ABS.

Does they fix? Maybe.
1. Check compressing length. Means Tripot is push in to make axle short as possible then measure total lenght.
2. If rings clear everything. Not likely... Most rings hits the knuckle. Don't know if you can removed them. Doing so Likely voids any warranty.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone else might need to know, I contacted Rock Auto and they said its OK to remove the rings.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock