Stupid Question by newfiejeff
Started on: 10-25-2013 10:40 PM
Replies: 12 (286 views)
Last post by: Khw on 10-27-2013 09:56 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid question. Will the seats of a 1984 fit the 1986? I have a chance of getting two good seats with speakers in the headrest?

Yes I know the difference so all comments will be taken in fun!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they'll fit.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they'll fit. Hope you are aware you can put the headrest speakers into almost ANY seat. I did.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also swap cushions from one side to the other. You just have to dig out the nuts for the hinges and switch them to the other side. The center console & the hinge conceal the holes. Switching them can be handy since there seem to be more good condition passenger seats than driver's seats. We drivers must be scaring the passengers away!
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that is the case how can I hook it so there is a 6 speaks system?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

Now that question may qualify

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Yes they'll fit. Hope you are aware you can put the headrest speakers into almost ANY seat. I did.

ditto they fit all year Fiero's and I even put a set of the seats into my old 84 ford full size van just so I could have the seats with the speakers and hooked them up in the van, they worked great. I was working construction when I was using the van, because my tool box would not fit in the Fiero.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-27-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

With two in each seat that makes 4 and 2 in the dash that makes 6. unless you are talking about something completely different?

Steve
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't really say that those two little speakers in each that are just spliced together qualify as a 6 speaker system
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Easiest way would be to get the speaker harness from an 84-85 car, and run it in the stock location, which is pretty much removing the center console and cutting a couple slits in the carpet.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Series the 2 right speakers in the headrests and run them in parallel with the right rear speaker. Then series the 2 left speakers in the headrests and run them in parallel with the left rear speaker. Assuming stock speaker ohm ratings that is.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-27-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock