The alternator was good though. by Inferno
Started on: 10-24-2013 11:49 PM
Replies: 6 (209 views)
Last post by: Inferno on 10-26-2013 11:24 PM
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was having an issue with Dim headlights and the stereo would shut off every time I would turn on the headlamps.
If I accelerated the lights went dim but as soon as I let up the lights would go bright again...
So I took a look at the belt and noticed that it was 1/3 torn off. Hmmm Weird Right? So I decided to change the belt cause I figured that was the issue.

Pulled the wheel off and saw this.

So now, tomorrow I will try to weld this with the TIG.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be easier and probably stronger if you just bought a replacement either from a junk yard or in the mall. My 4 Speed Muncie Slave bracket snapped in half, and I tried welding that cast aluminum and it sucks. Its poor quality aluminum, and you need to use a different filler rod and make sure you quench after (contrary to steel). Those are the instructions my instructor gave me, and it works, but damn its ugly, and I don't know if I really trust it.

-Mitch
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking that Rodney sells a replacement bracket. Might wanna look into that.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Much better off getting a replacement. I'm surprised that job held at all from the look of it. I have a spare bracket I could ship you, but with the shipping cost it would probably be cheaper to find one in a yard. I'm assuming that's a 2.8L?
undertakingyou

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for undertakingyouSend a Private Message to undertakingyouEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I was thinking that Rodney sells a replacement bracket. Might wanna look into that.

+1

I have not used Rodneys reinforcement bracket, but his other products that I have had are fantastic. And he stands behind what he sells to.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's that piece of wire that's holding the broken piece onto the main part of the bracket? Looks like it might have been broken for some time.
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mechanics wire. Yes I think it was broken for a long while.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock