Headlight question by Ohio Scott
Started on: 10-15-2013 11:03 AM
Replies: 5 (230 views)
Last post by: Ohio Scott on 10-23-2013 10:31 AM
Ohio Scott

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohio ScottSend a Private Message to Ohio ScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And things were going so well...This past weekend, I went to work on rebuilding my passenger side headlight as it stopped going up about mid-travel a couple of weeks ago. To start, I thought that I used information on this site just over four years ago when I first got my Fiero ('88 coupe with a 4 cylinder that my Dad bought new back then). Anyway, I could not find the guidance this time, but I almost remembered enough to get me through. My problem now is that in the process of changing out the gear, as I did not completely remove the drive motor (I remembered the fun of getting that ball bearing to stay in place from the last time), I managed to break one of the motor brushes.

My question is this, how much do I have to replace at this point? Can I get a replacement brush, or am I searching for a new drive motor for the lamp.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you may want to just get a replacement motor,, I have one for 40 plus shipping,, they can be trying,if you are not familiar, a lot of members offer these motors for sale all the time,, just buy one and be done,, its easy,, also they are very qwik with shipping , usually within 3 days to your door, good luck c-note
Ohio Scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohio ScottSend a Private Message to Ohio ScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response! I sort of figured that was the direction I needed to go. I will get back with you on your offer.
Ohio Scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohio ScottSend a Private Message to Ohio ScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
northstar,

I just sent an e-mail to you inquiring more about the motor you have. Hopefully it will not go straight to your spam folder.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If all you broke was the bush you can get replacements at any shop that rebuilds starters and Alt's. Just look up auto electrical repair shop in the phone book. Bush will cost you around $2. Take the broken one in and they can match it up.
Ohio Scott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohio ScottSend a Private Message to Ohio ScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner,

I will see what the phone book tell me. Thanks for the suggestion!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock