4t60e to 4t65e (HD) swap questions by IROCTAFIERO
Started on: 10-07-2013 05:14 PM
Replies: 4 (628 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 10-08-2013 10:00 AM
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am dropping out my Series 1 3800/4T60e swap that is in my 87 GT and installing a 2004 Series 3/4T65e (HD)

I am pretty sure my Purple Reign mounts will work.
Are there any other brackets that need changing?
What axles will work?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 450
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mounts will most likely not work, but it depends which style you have.

The pass side axle you have will need to have the inner tripot replaced with the GrandPrix GTP inner (not autozone).

Cooler lines will not work. 04 uses push lock style and you cant swap the fittings due to the checkball being external (in the fitting) in the 04 trans.
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR's thread in the Mall states they should work with the 4t60, 4t60e, 4t65e and 4t65hd
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 179
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as your 4T65E has the bosses on the trunk side tranny mount they will work but I doubt your tranny will have them, as mentioned the pass inner needs to be a GTP or Regal GS one and the driver's inner may also have to be replaced with a GP inner as most of the 4T60E trannies I have seen had a different inner on the driver's side. Dan
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (49)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they are saying is there is a transmission change in the 4T65E-HD in the later models for the way the mount is setup.

Earlier model tansmissions use a trunk mount like this (and the Purple Reign will work if your trans looks like this)

And the later models used one like this

If you have the later transmission then you will need to order the mount from West Coast Fiero: http://www.westcoastfiero.c..._mount_brackets.html

The firewall side bracket is the same

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 10-08-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock