OPPS wheels do not fit? by Black84originalowner
Started on: 10-07-2013 03:52 PM
Replies: 0 (212 views)
Last post by: Black84originalowner on 10-07-2013 03:52 PM
Black84originalowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found out the hard way that the Pontiac GRAND AM wheel bolt pattern changed I think from 1999 on.
Prior to 1999 I now know "ANY Grand Am wheels (pre-99) will fit Fiero"
DOG GONE IT. Since when does a manf. change the bolt pattern from one year to the next.
So I go to the junk yard (did not even bring tools) to see what they had. Wasn't planning on getting anything. I see some Grand Am GT wheels! I was thinking "All Grand Am" wheels work! Never occured to me that the bolt pattern would have changed from one year to the next?
So after looking around 1-2 hours at junk yard, then finding a lug wrench, I buy the wheels get them home they look good and mostly clean up great.
One had some stubborn stains that much elbow grease cleaned up.
They look good 99% like brand new. Almost no rash. . They are 15 x 6.0 x 42mm backspace. The stamping is 9593813.
So I spend most weekend getting them very pretty. So then I finally research and what do I find they are "5 x 115" bolt pattern!
Double stupid of me you think I would have checked before all the clean up?
Apparently NOT the required Fiero 100mm bolt diameter. So then I check and yup Pontiac changed in ~ 1999 bolt pattern on the GRAND AM.
Never could have dreamed up such a thing. Just want to warn others. Also if anybody needs some very nice GRAND AM 15" 5 x 115 bolt pattern wheels I will swap you? I suppose I will try the mall for a swap or to get wheels. I sure won't do another junk yard dog search.
Oh what a stupid-o move.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock