Speedometer stopped working, need advice by hdryder
Started on: 10-06-2013 06:52 PM
Replies: 6 (229 views)
Last post by: hdryder on 10-08-2013 07:02 PM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderClick Here to Email hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would be some of the main reasons that a speedometer is pegged all the way over to the right side, past 120 MPH

This is the state of condition even with the key out of switch, engine not running.

Thanks for the help.

[This message has been edited by hdryder (edited 10-07-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a few dirty connections in the plugs the dash cluster plugs into, try some contact cleaner spray and a tooth brush.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronClick Here to Email VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the needle above or under the "peg" at the end?
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderClick Here to Email hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have cleaned connectors where a saw a little green corrosion on the copper.

The needle is above the peg on the right side.

[This message has been edited by hdryder (edited 10-07-2013).]

hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderClick Here to Email hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to find out what is causing speedo to peg all the way to the right, past 120 MPH.

I have noticed another project car that I bought last fall, which I will be working on asap, also has the speedo pegged past 120 MPH.

Any more ideas could be a big help to understand what the problem may be.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I read that the speedo goes that way with an open circuit......meaning something is not connected. Most times that means the printed floppy circuit board on the back side of the cluster is messed up.
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderClick Here to Email hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the problem.

When I was swapping out the gauge set with a spare one I had on hand, apparently I rolled the assembly over during the install, causing gravity to pull the needle to the far right, which I did not notice during the install. Once it was there, it stays there apparently, even during use on the road.

When removing it, I notice the needle had rolled back over to the 0 MPH location. So I was careful to keep it that way while I reconnected the gauge set assembly.

Everything is now working as it should. :-)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock