Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Am I missing something? HVAC question...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Am I missing something? HVAC question... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 10-06-2013 12:02 PM
Replies: 5 (146 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 10-06-2013 08:29 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, just going through some things and I'm curious if I'm missing anything here. I replaced the heater core many years ago and it seems odd that this cavity where the tubes protrude through is open like this (see picture below). I realize that further inside, it's more or less sealed with some foam insulation that blocks the opening between the tubes and the HVAC box... but it seems like there should be a cap or something on the outside here. Any ideas, I can't remember?

Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 10-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None I have ever seen by GM had anything more than the foam, but it did come as close as possible to the outside of the entry hole and sealed it, even when I was at the factory.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

None I have ever seen by GM had anything more than the foam, but it did come as close as possible to the outside of the entry hole and sealed it, even when I was at the factory.

Steve

Thanks Steve... it was such a long time ago that I changed it out, and my skills were far less than desirable back then... there must have been some foam in there then that I threw out... real smart of me.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Thanks Steve... it was such a long time ago that I changed it out, and my skills were far less than desirable back then... there must have been some foam in there then that I threw out... real smart of me.

over the years that stuff rots and if you did it like I do something's, start it last month and finish it next month, things get misplaced or lost as well as well as forgetting how things go when you put them back together. one of the things I like about todays digital photography if you take enough pictures you can put them into your computer, then when you go back to it you can go back to those pictures and blow them up to see just how things went, Christ if it weren't for pictures I take before hand and Ziploc baggies that I put parts in and label now when I take things apart I would never get anything back together. at least not the right way.

Steve

------------------

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

over the years that stuff rots and if you did it like I do something's, start it last month and finish it next month, things get misplaced or lost as well as well as forgetting how things go when you put them back together. one of the things I like about todays digital photography if you take enough pictures you can put them into your computer, then when you go back to it you can go back to those pictures and blow them up to see just how things went, Christ if it weren't for pictures I take before hand and Ziploc baggies that I put parts in and label now when I take things apart I would never get anything back together. at least not the right way.

Steve

Yeah, I totally agree... that's what I've been doing on my site... I totally re-did my site this week:

http://www.PontiacPerformance.net

and I noticed that it just seemed like there was a void there. The heater core was something I changed out like over a decade ago quite honestly... no idea what I did then. Everything now is just as you say... pictures and ziplock bags! I just wish I did that back in the day... even Polaroids would have been nice...

Todd
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, but your garage is to clean for me, I can fix that for you if your like, just give me an hour and you won't be able to find a thing, or have room enough to work on anything.

Steve

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock