Fuel Pump by FieroTony
Started on: 10-04-2013 09:52 AM
Replies: 4 (170 views)
Last post by: FieroTony on 10-06-2013 09:53 AM
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My original thread. -------> //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128235.html

Seems like this problem cleared up somewhat. At least to the point of not cutting off, until yesterday, 4 times. 3 times sitting at lights and once traveling 40mph on the highway. All restarts were hard ones. Still been having running smooth issues and bogging down when taking off. While playing with the throttle in the driveway. Hit the gas hard and it stumbles a bit before catching. All cold starts seems to take a little effort.

Soooo. I did a fuel pressure test, (again). This time it was pegging around 9-10 PSI idling. Juice the throttle and the engine would stumble and the pressure would drop to 7 PSI or so and then go back to 9-10.

I know that the pressure is supposed to be running at 9-13 PSI, but mine is on the low end of that scale. Looks like fuel pump (with hose), filter & strainer replacement tonight. Hope this is the final fix. Any other ideas???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would do the filter first and wait on the major work....you might get lucky.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

I would do the filter first and wait on the major work....you might get lucky.

Already did the filter way back at the beginning.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate replacing in the tank fuel pumps in any vehicle, but hey we are lucky in that our tanks only hold 10/11 gallons of gas when full, how would you like to change one in my 94 Suburban with a full tank, 41 gallons?

have fun.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-05-2013).]

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I hate replacing in the tank fuel pumps in any vehicle, but hey we are lucky in that our tanks only hold 10/11 gallons of gas when full, how would you like to change one in my 94 Suburban with a full tank, 41 gallons?

have fun.

Steve

Yes, they're a pain in the tail. Luckily the ones that I had to change I had the opportunity to burn most of the fuel.

So far, so good. No hesitation in about 20 miles this weekend. We'll see what the next week brings in the next 600 miles.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock