New bolts for mating a getrag to the 3800 by Spiders1
Started on: 10-02-2013 10:41 PM
Replies: 2 (134 views)
Last post by: Spiders1 on 10-03-2013 06:12 PM
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys.

I picked up a 3800 series II and a getrag for my 86'. I sold my 2.8 and 4 speed as a unit. I was wondering
If there was a list or if someone had an idea of the correct shoulder and length of the bolts to put those
bitches together! I don't want to screw this up now that it is finally coming together. Dealer item?

Another question, is the 2nd gen headlight conversion difficult? I have rebuilt my motors but the stop
switch in one of mine is giving me trouble.

T
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are lots of large bolts and your transmission has locating sleeves, so any good bolt that fits will be more than able to hold them together. There is mostly only shear forces on these, and they will be taken up by the two locating sleeves on the two bolts. Don't over worry the problem. Doubt there has ever been a failure of the bolts holding the bell housing to the engine. Larry
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understood. Thanks bro.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock