Jumping power windows / alternate power by jokerb90
Started on: 10-02-2013 08:43 PM
Replies: 2 (325 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 10-03-2013 08:46 AM
jokerb90

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jokerb90Send a Private Message to jokerb90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the car is ripped up, this build's gonna be interesting -- but, I need to put her outside for the room to build the cradle. The power windows are down, the harness is ripped out of the back (actually, almost everything is removed).

Question: with easy access to the up/down switches, when I unplug them -- what wires can I supply 12 VDC to make the windows go up? Thanks for your input, Mike.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the driver window, supply 12V to the Dark blue wire and ground to the Brown wire

Passenger is 12V to the Dark blue W/ White strip, ground to Tan

To make them go down just reverse it, power to brown and ground to dark blue for driver etc.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaytonTD:

For the driver window, supply 12V to the Dark blue wire and ground to the Brown wire

Passenger is 12V to the Dark blue W/ White strip, ground to Tan

To make them go down just reverse it, power to brown and ground to dark blue for driver etc.

sounds right to me, GM uses a reversing electrical relay or something like that to move the windows up and down, do that for my old plow 79 yard plow to get the windows up and down, switches went and try and buy new switches for a 1979 GMC truck.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock