Need some advice please by crashmydaytona
Started on: 10-02-2013 02:36 PM
Replies: 5 (226 views)
Last post by: crashmydaytona on 10-05-2013 09:19 AM
crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a 2001 park ave with 50000 miles that I can buy for $1200 has a 3800 sc. Price is hight for me except I found an old wrecked fiero that someone put what I think is a 3800 sc engine in it. The wire harness is gone but the engine and trany are there. I would have mounting brackets and axles that I could use for my swap. I do not no what year the car is does it make a difference? It is a gt but not a fast back like my 86.
You think $1200 for the 01 buick is a good deal if he will through in the fiero cradle? It has been sitting for about 12 years. Thanks for any thoughts or help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is a GT and not a fastback, then it is an 85. The cradles will swap between 84-87 Fieros.
If it has been sitting for 12 years with a 3800, good odds are that it is a series 1. That means you would have to redo the wiring anyway for the series 2 in the Buick. But...if it is a series 1, it most likely has the 4T60e tranny rather than the 4T65HD that comes with the Buick...I am pretty sure that means you would need new mounts and axles...but the old ones would still be good to sell (they are still good for anyone doing a 4T60 swap into their Fiero, or for a 4.9 swap).

Is the $1200 a good deal? Well...that depends. You can probably get a better idea from others on what the Park Avenue engine needs to go into a Fiero...my understanding is that the Regal GS and Grand Prix GTP engines are preferred because they have the correct oil filter adapter. Can you hear the engine run? Is the mileage documented? How well has it been maintained? Probably a fair deal considering that you can part out or scrap the rest of the car afterwards...and it would have EVERYTHING from the donor car.

Although I don't think it is as good of a deal as you were hoping, I still think it is probably worth doing.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there an easy way to tell the difference between series 1-3 engines it does not have the cover that says what it is? I might luck out and have a sires 2 already in the junk fiero. Beside the park ave he has a late 90's Pontiac 3800 sc miles unknown but it does run. He want $1000 for it. Maybe this is the better car to get?
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the Buicks been sitting for 12 years ask them why. If I pay that much, I want to drive it and see how it all runs. Personally, I wont drive one that sat that long without going thru everything. For $1000, you should be easily able to find a running, driveable one. I can buy them all day long for that here.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the Buick just has some rear end damage and he has only had it a couple years. The old fiero that some one had converted to a 3800 sc has been sitting for about 12 years it was wreaked on the drivers side. I was hoping to get the mounting brackets he used and axles but don't know what sires the engine is or how tell. Also don't know how to tell what transmission it is.It would make my swap a lot easier if it is a sires 2 and I can take the cradle out of it with whats left of the engine and trany.
crashmydaytona

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was supposed to go look at these cars today but we had a stupid blizzard so i am stuck at home for probably 2 days. I should be kind of happy its my first days off in almost 3 months. I will be so backed up work i will have to work untill midnight every night next week.
I wish i had some parts i could have got allot done on the fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock