What is used ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 10-01-2013 11:14 AM
Replies: 1 (140 views)
Last post by: sco77 on 10-01-2013 05:53 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for the 3800SC swap. when making the" thermostat Housing" using a fiero (top part of the housing) -WHAT is used for the LOWER part ?( that the fiero part gets welded to ??) the 3800 is aluminum, obviously a steel or tin lower portion is needed, but from What ? Link ? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You use the entire thing..

What I did:

Cut the tstat with cut off wheel, cutting off the part I wasn't using in my setup (the heater hose connections):

Then let it sit on a sanding wheel to machine the surfaces level, welded it in my desired angle:

The holes on the flanges don't line up, you have to VERY lightly ream the holes towards the center, doing a little bit at a time until it works. Bolt it down with 3800 gasket (+ sealant) and use socket cap bolts.

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 10-01-2013).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock