Slight issue with fuse box under dash by gt44ever
Started on: 09-30-2013 11:09 PM
Replies: 2 (140 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-30-2013 11:50 PM
gt44ever

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt44everSend a Private Message to gt44everEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so i've been having an issue with my instrument panel lights not coming on when i turn on my headlights. Turns out the issue is the related fuse is getting in too far, causing the connection to be lost. Is there a particularly good way to fix this short of jamming something in with the fuse to keep it from pushing in too far or would I be further ahead replacing the box? If I would be better off replacing the box (the one under the dash, near the hood release), did this box change from year to year or were they all the same? (I can grab one from a local pull a part from an '86 assuming no one has already claimed it).

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can unscrew two screws and pinch two large tabs and the fuse box drops down. I haven't looked at it that close but I am sure it is repairable. I would start by doing that and seeing if you can remove the wires and connecters, maybe the tabs are just bent if that is what it uses.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heat at fuse box is a symptom... Find whatever is short out.

If you pull dash plugs... the back circuit board like to "unglue" parts of copper... the copper will bend and when you plug in, will short out the board.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock