Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  First time PFF post! I'll be prepping my l67+4t65ehd for install into my 2m4 soon.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
First time PFF post! I'll be prepping my l67+4t65ehd for install into my 2m4 soon. by fisherlr777
Started on: 09-30-2013 06:59 AM
Replies: 10 (224 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 10-02-2013 02:46 AM
fisherlr777

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been lurking/studying for well over a year now. Purchased my fiero last summer and have been slowly rebuilding/repairing it to be a half-way decent car. After several months of asking people to keep an eye out for 3800 n/a and SC cars that have been wrecked, I recently found a (deep breath) ROLLED buick park avenue ultra for 400 dollars. The engines running well, and now pulled from the car and i'm now prepping the build.

Heres my plan so far, I have a spare fiero engine cradle for the garage build.

WCF engine and trans mount brackets. and dogbone brackets.
Axles pieced together with store-bought axles (can i really use the driver 125c fiero axle with my 4t65e-hd?)
86-87 4-cyl throttle cable
stainless fuel hoses(if affordable, will be piecing together myself)
Stock park avenue exhaust manifolds (exhaust is not my strong suite, requires much more studying)
PCM and wiring: PCM will probably be sent off, but i really want to have full tuning control myself.

Being poor as hell, i would really appreciate any advice, i'll probably be asking tons of questions here.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fisherlr777:

Axles pieced together with store-bought axles (can i really use the driver 125c fiero axle with my 4t65e-hd?)

Can not use store bought axles as all makers r different and nothing ever matches. Use OEM axles to build the Pass side axle. Yes to tge stock auto Fiero axle.

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Save your money and buy a good mig lewder and make all your own mounts, brackets and exhaust. When you are done you will have what you need for less then buying it premade and still have a nice mig.
Study the diagrams and make your own harness then just get some one on here to program the PCM to the specs you want. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! It's tough to do an engine swap when you are poor as hell.... Good Luck!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Save your money and buy a good mig welder and make all your own mounts, brackets and exhaust. Study the diagrams and make your own harness then just get some one on here to program the PCM to the specs you want. Dan

Yea its just this easy. You should have it done in a month or two. :-)

Rob
fisherlr777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Can not use store bought axles as all makers r different and nothing ever matches. Use OEM axles to build the Pass side axle. Yes to tge stock auto Fiero axle.

Thanks for the reply. By store-bought, i meant not used, but pieced together from other axles, (chevy beretta + fiero manual passenger axle, swapping out the bearings, i did some research)
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the reply. By store-bought, i meant not used, but pieced together from other axles, (chevy beretta + fiero manual passenger axle, swapping out the bearings, i did some research)

U wany used OEM axles to build the Pass side axle with...
fisherlr777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will aftermarket axles not work? I want good, new bearings with good, new grease.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of us Fiero owners have found that the original bearings are better quality than new replacement bearings.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beretta combo rarely works. I use the cavi 4t45 axles myself.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will aftermarket axles not work? I want good, new bearings with good, new grease.

Alright...One more time....Use only stock OEM axles to build Pass side axle not aftermarket junk axles. Just clean out old grease and add new if u want new grease. Stock OEM axles r built 100 times better then aftermarket axles. I build the axle for the Pass side if u need one built.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock