l32 swaps injector l32 or l67 ???? by fierogtx
Started on: 09-29-2013 06:47 PM
Replies: 6 (683 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 10-01-2013 11:15 PM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i do a swap with the l32 and many people recommend to wire like the 1998-2002 with the 1998-2000 pcm. do i need the l67 injectors for the proper connector from the wiring 1998-2002 or can i take the l32 injectors with the l32 injectors wire harness ????? i dont know what fuel ramp i will use the returnless l32 or the l67 does the two models of injector fit on these fuel ramp ?????? thanks all
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The L32 injectors will work fine if you want to wire in the proper injector wiring connectors for them. If you don't want to wire in the different connectors, you can use L67 injectors. The L67 injectors will work fine in the L32 returnless fuel rail.

For fuel pump, if you are keeping the engine stock or just doing a few light mods (nothing that pushes the engine power over 300hp), then you can use the Delco EP-381 fuel pump.

If you use the returnless L32 fuel rail, you must mount an external fuel pressure regulator somewhere and I recommend you use a vacuum+boost referenced regulator. I usually just cut the stock regulator off an L67 fuel rail and mount it down by the fuel filter and connect it to the system as seen here:

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

The L32 injectors will work fine if you want to wire in the proper injector wiring connectors for them. If you don't want to wire in the different connectors, you can use L67 injectors. The L67 injectors will work fine in the L32 returnless fuel rail.

For fuel pump, if you are keeping the engine stock or just doing a few light mods (nothing that pushes the engine power over 300hp), then you can use the Delco EP-381 fuel pump.

If you use the returnless L32 fuel rail, you must mount an external fuel pressure regulator somewhere and I recommend you use a vacuum+boost referenced regulator. I usually just cut the stock regulator off an L67 fuel rail and mount it down by the fuel filter and connect it to the system as seen here:

many thanks darthfiero you always have answers to all questions with proper information clean and clear

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtx:

many thanks darthfiero you always have answers to all questions with proper information clean and clear

I forgot to mention that the fittings used in the above picture were all -6 AN size. You will need a 37 deg AN flaring tool if you are going to use AN fittings. Standard flaring tools only do 45 deg flares and those aren't really compatible with AN fittings. Summit Racing or Jeg's should have everything you need including the flaring tool for the steel lines.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok thanks if i find l32 60 pound injectors to put on l67 fuel ramp does it can fit ??? with the good connector and properly wire for the 98-2000 pcm ?????
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtx:

ok thanks if i find l32 60 pound injectors to put on l67 fuel ramp does it can fit ??? with the good connector and properly wire for the 98-2000 pcm ?????

Did you mean 60 lb/hr injectors that have the same electrical connectors as the L32 stock injectors? (Stock L32 injectors flow about the same fuel as L67 injectors) Not quite sure what you are asking.

Any injector that will fit in an L32 will also work in the L67 rail. Any injector that will fit in an L67 will also work in the L32 rail.

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you reply to my question just want to check these two option and not sure what ramp i will use thanks again

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock