t460e caddy trans works but no power by ts6681
Started on: 09-28-2013 05:51 PM
Replies: 5 (115 views)
Last post by: ts6681 on 09-29-2013 11:01 PM
ts6681

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Click Here to Email ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a 95 caddy engine and trans in my fiero. The engine runs good but my trans has no power. It will move the car in for and rev but has no power and car does not increase speed as I accelerate. The tran a T460E works with the computer being that it goes in park rev nuet and forward. I suspect the pump is bad, any sujestions before I remove it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might be in "limp mode" which will cause the car to start out in 2nd gear. It will also cause (IIRC) the ignition timing to be static.
Could be caused by a wiring issue, of if a chip was programmed using the wrong broadcast code.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-28-2013).]

ts6681

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Click Here to Email ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would this or the trans be the reason after sitting for awhile when i go to rev or forw it will sit there and finnally creep for or rev. I checked my inputs for the trans to select function and they are correct. I suspect my outputs are good also because it will go from p to r to n to d.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRClick Here to Email RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you check the fluid level while the car was in gear? Sounds like you're several quarts low.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 09-29-2013).]

ts6681

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Click Here to Email ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I checked it with the engine running and it is at the full mark. I have been doing some searching and found that the PWM sol regulates the preasure to the TCC. Searching for a hyd Schematic to get better idea of whats happening. But I hav also read in this conversion that the PWM can be disconnected and not needed which after reading this I am questioning that. The engine and trans come from a wrecked car but appeared to be no damage to engine or trans. So I am really thinking I have a PWM signal problem. Any help or ideas greatly apreciated
Tom
ts6681

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Click Here to Email ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryder
The computer come from the same car as engine and trans. Looked at some wiring problems and noticed a brake switch input may be missing not sure this would cause my problem but From reading some other info this may have something to do with the PWM sol not giving me preasure?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock