power windows by NiotaFiero
Started on: 09-26-2013 03:36 PM
Replies: 2 (156 views)
Last post by: gtoformula on 09-26-2013 07:50 PM
NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What can be done to make the power windows move up and down at a better speed? Mine will go up and down but there are really slow .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First clean all the connections. The connections to the motors as well as the switch connections. Make sure the window tracks are clean as well and lube them up. I do believe that rodney dickman sells a window helper that speeds things up a bit. I'm pretty sure others will chime in as well.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine were really slow too. I'd even push up or down on the glass while holding the switch to make them move faster. There is a thread about removing the switch, taking them apart and cleaning the contacts. That might work with some cars, but it didn't help mine. There is another thread about installing power window relays (power is routed through the switch on our old cars whereas newer cars use relays). I completely disassembled my doors removing all the tracks and the motors. It is a long job, but when I was done the windows probably move 3-4 times faster than they did previously. It is necessary to drill out several rivets per door (4-5?) and replace them with 1/4" bolts and captive nuts. I used solvent to remove all the old window track grease (it has completely solidified), relubed everything and put it back together. Like I said, it was very time consuming, but well worth the time IMO.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock