Blinker by newfiejeff
Started on: 09-26-2013 07:32 AM
Replies: 2 (104 views)
Last post by: Bloozberry on 09-26-2013 12:41 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2m4 5 speed

My blinker is extremely slow and before I buy a flasher I thought I would figure if it could be something else. I done a search here and it talked about relays.

Any thoughts!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Define "extremely slow."

The Fiero uses an older-style mechanical flasher, so it is naturally a bit slower than more modern cars that have electronic flashers. Grounding issues is what typically affect how the flasher operates. I usually stick with the old mechanical style for my Fieros, & I clean all the grounds for all the external signal lights and also clean the contacts for the flasher itself. That usually gets it to 'spec', which again is still going to be "slow" because of what it is.

If you're wanting a more modern flash, or even a "ricer" fast flash, then you're going to have to upgrade the flasher to the electronic style. An electronic flasher can also allow you to run more modern marker lights, like LED, without further modifications to the flash setup. It's just simply replacing the mechanical flasher unit under the passenger side dash with the electronic style found pretty much everywhere.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First make sure all your turn signal bulbs are working because a flasher's speed is related to the amount of current being drawn through it. If one or more bulbs are burnt out (including the ones on the dash) there will be less current flowing through it and it will flash slower. Just be aware that the rear side marker lights in the rub strip aren't supposed to flash, but the rest are.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock