Hi RPM's by newfiejeff
Started on: 09-26-2013 06:17 AM
Replies: 8 (170 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 09-27-2013 02:52 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2m4 5 speed

Hey all, since the clutch is now all dealt with and the alternator will be done by the weekend I have another question.

WHen I start the car the car will go at a high rpm of around 3000 to 3500 rpms, I can give a shot of gas and it will probably die back to about 1500 and that will not go lower than that. What could be the problem? THere is a vacuum hose plugged off that looked like it went into the throttle body(lack of a better word), but where it would attach looks like it is filled in. That is what it looks like to me, but I could be wrong.
Would this have anything to do with it and where can I get a schematic of it or even a picture of the right side(passenger side) of the throttle body to compare mine to?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely sounds like a vac leak... here is the vacuum diagram...
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like to me it could be the EGR valve. Did that go into the throttle body and possiblly that is broke off, corroded off, etc?
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newfiejeff

560 posts
Member since Aug 2013
What size of vacuums hoses do I need to replace what is there or are they all different sizes?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop smoking pot in your car and the RPMs won't get high.

Sorry.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, just found where my EGR valve was supposed to be and its not even there, they covered over the holes with some kind of welding and plugged the vacuum lines. So would a missing egr valve be the cause of my idling not correct? The mount that is there is probably not even sealed correctly.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A missing EGR is not an issue, if it the hole was properly closed off. Now, there is no real performance gain from removing EGR, but that is another issue
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's not properly closed off?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

If it's not properly closed off?

Air could be getting into the mixture like a vac. leak.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock