Bodywork question by neph
Started on: 09-23-2013 02:30 PM
Replies: 4 (160 views)
Last post by: neph on 09-23-2013 03:17 PM
neph

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nephSend a Private Message to nephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a search and couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I don't post much as I normally find my questions answered already. But anyway...long story short, I was involved in a hit and run a year or so ago (I was the victim...chased him but lost him in a residential area). As you can see, the F150 that cut me off obviously won. I'm more concerned about the quarter panel as the bumper I can fill (or replace as I have a spare). The other...It's cracked and I only have a spare quarter for the left side, not the right. Rather than searching "You pulls" (not many around here, let alone having a Fiero in one), and ordering one would be costly, I would prefer to putz with this repair over the winter myself.

I'm no pro at body work, but do you experts out there think this might be a relatively easy fix?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. I'd put an ad in the Mall section for a replacement, should be able to find one locally for cheap ($25-$50). I've probably got one in my garage that, if you were closer you could have. It's not perfect but would be a much easier fix than that one. If you really want to fix it you'll need the right stuff for the job.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for the fender.

fix the bumper cover tho...

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 09-23-2013).]

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is something Tha Driver put together, basic body repair tips.

http://gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=469.0

but again, probably cheaper to replace than to get all the stuff to fix what you have + your time.
neph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nephSend a Private Message to nephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all make a good point. I'll get searching for a replacement / post an add.

Thanks guys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock