heater/ac cable by Fiero_Fastback_Freak
Started on: 09-22-2013 10:03 PM
Replies: 6 (466 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 09-24-2013 07:47 AM
Fiero_Fastback_Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fastback_FreakClick Here to visit Fiero_Fastback_Freak's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero_Fastback_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 3 months ago I bought a 87 gt fastback and the guy who had it before me bypassed the heater core, so I replaced it hooked it all back up and discovered that the cable is locked up that controls the temperature of the heater/ac. The slider will not move and when I turn the fan on high it just shuts off, but all the other speeds work. How do I fix this problem and what will I need to fix it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would disconnect cable from the door on the air box and try to slide lever to see if it is the flap or the cable sticking, as far as fan speed you might check the High speed blower relay..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

Fiero_Fastback_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fastback_FreakClick Here to visit Fiero_Fastback_Freak's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero_Fastback_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where is the high speed fan relay at?
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
out by heater housing under hood
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As already said the speed control module, what they call the newer version of the rheostats we have in our Fiero's is available at any parts store and the heat control cable is ether the door is stuck or the cable is seized, disconnect the cable at the door and try the cable if it still doesn't move its the cable, if it moves smoothly then it a stuck door.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Fiero_Fastback_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fastback_FreakClick Here to visit Fiero_Fastback_Freak's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero_Fastback_FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the cable is seized up
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fastback_Freak:

the cable is seized up

replace the cable if you first disconnected it from the door it was still seized the removed the cable from the back of the slider and the slider moved freely with no cable on it. if the slider still didn't move the something is wrong with the heater mechanism.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 09-24-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock