Started on: 09-22-2013 07:12 PM
Replies: 6 (255 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 09-23-2013 12:11 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If my neautral safey switch is out of alignment,will this prevent my car from starting?
Still trying to hunt down why my engine swap wont run...Tried starter fluid didnt help. All most like Im not getting any spark. 3800 SC II,and yea the PCM was edited.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 09-22-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try pulling the switch off the neutral safety and jump it with a paper clip. Purple and yellow IIRC.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:
If my neautral safey switch is out of alignment,will this prevent my car from starting?

Yes.
See my Cave, Neutral Safety Switch

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like your engine is turning over? Wouldn't a mis-aligned neutral safety switch prevent the car from turning over? That's how mine acted. turn the key, dash lights come on but nothing happens.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:
sounds like your engine is turning over? Wouldn't a mis-aligned neutral safety switch prevent the car from turning over? That's how mine acted. turn the key, dash lights come on but nothing happens.

Yes. If engine turning then Neautral Safety Switch isn't a problem. The switch would kill starter circuit.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone...yes,the engine is turning over.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

Thanks everyone...yes,the engine is turning over.

if its turning over its not the neutral safety switch, that just stops the starter from turning.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock