Beretta brakes help by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 09-22-2013 06:11 PM
Replies: 4 (155 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 09-22-2013 08:17 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so im finally bleeding my beretta brakes and im still having low pedal travel i also am using the s10 blazer mc what good be going wrong
85 gt 2.8
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you pump up the pedal? If so it's a good indicator of air somewhere in the system.

In my experience a bad MC will have a firm pedal initially then slowly sink to the floor as fluid gets around the piston inside the MC.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, bleeding the system is the most likely cause. You may have air at the MC end

Arn

Also, check your banjo. If the pedal has wiggle up and down with your fingers, you need Rodney's adjustable banjo

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 09-22-2013).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a very low pedal with a S10 Blazer master cylinder. I went with a full size Blazer mater cylinder and my pedal was much higher
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The S10 MC is a compromise between the high but firm pedal of the full size Blazer MC and the really low stock Fiero MC. I'm guessing the OP's pedal is going to the floor.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock