Exhaust leak? by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 09-21-2013 09:33 PM
Replies: 3 (144 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 09-21-2013 10:10 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could an exhaust leak sound like a sprinkler? Or is this tapping/ticking be something else? You may remember from an earlier post I had this tapping noise and I thought my timing was too far advanced. I was right. The timing is perfect now but the ticking is still there. Any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust leak can definitely make a tick-tick-tick sound as the pressure is forced out through the leak. The only other sound I've heard close to that is bad hydraulic lifters. Don't know what engine you have though.
RilesOfSmiles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.8 v6. The ticking is really only noticeable under load. Its most noticeable when I floor it in a high gear at low rpms. At idle there is ticking too but it is pretty quiet and really doesn't sound like anything more than regular valvetrain noise. When I'm coasting I can't hear it either.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes...it can sound just like one of those little tap tap sprinklers. It could be a loose bolt or a bad gasket, probably in the front manifold...(cause it's harder to fix.... )

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock