3800 sc buick tear down by bilidol
Started on: 09-19-2013 09:02 AM
Replies: 3 (269 views)
Last post by: bilidol on 09-21-2013 09:25 AM
bilidol

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 96 Riviera that im pulling the motor and trans and all the wiring out of. do I need to keep anything that is under the fuel tank? wires, pump, evap canister etc. im planning on buying a different pump anyway but are their any sensors I may need?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, you won't need anything from the fuel tank area at all.

About all you're going to need from inside the car is the OBD2 scan tool port (DLC).

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my first 3800 swap, I took the complete harness out of the donor car and stripped it down to individual wires. I got rid of the shorter wires but kept the longer ones and rolled up several of each long color/gauge to put in my inventory. I don't think I will ever have to pay for wire again. Something to consider.

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 09-20-2013).]

bilidol

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bilidolSend a Private Message to bilidolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have already taken out all the wiring in the car except for whats under the tank and I didn't want to bother dropping the tank if I didn't have to. im gunna have a lot of extra so I have it if I need it thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock