3800 Fuel Pump by hinesb1890
Started on: 09-17-2013 08:55 AM
Replies: 8 (487 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 09-25-2013 03:31 PM
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off I did search but didn't find the right answer to my question. I am wondering if the Delco EP381 will be sufficient for a Series II 3800 SC running a 3.4 pulley and powerlog manifold as the only performance upgrades? If not are there any other Delco pumps that will work?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Napa - Delphi part DFP FE0102 $129.00 I used this one on my 3.4 setup for a couple years until I switched to E85. This is a stock fuel pump for a 97 bonneville supercharged that fits with minor modifications to the fiero setup.

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.906 at 111.93mph

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

First off I did search but didn't find the right answer to my question. I am wondering if the Delco EP381 will be sufficient for a Series II 3800 SC running a 3.4 pulley and powerlog manifold as the only performance upgrades? If not are there any other Delco pumps that will work?

The Delco EP-381 or other brand equiv. pumps are good to about 300 crank HP on a supercharged engine. With the mods you are talking about running, you should be ok using this pump and it will bolt right in to a 87-88 Fiero tank and sending unit without modification. MAKE SURE you discard the stock Fiero pulsator (plastic and metal piece that connects the factory Fiero fuel pump to the sending unit line) and replace that with the rubber line and clamps supplied with the new fuel pump. If you buy a Delco EP-381 or Delphi FE0114 pump kit, it should come with the in-tank rated rubber hose and clamps you'll need to do this. Get a new inlet filter/sock/strainer for the stock Fiero pump and it will install right onto either of these new pumps.

Rockauto.com and Amazon.com will probably be the cheapest place you'll find either of these pumps at.

-ryan
------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 09-17-2013).]

hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the response, i went for the walbro 255 which is definitely sufficient and was only $60
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys for the response, i went for the walbro 255 which is definitely sufficient and was only $60

Wow, $60 for a Walbro 255 lph pump? I would be afraid that might be one of those counterfeit walbros that are prone to premature failure...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah u might wanna retuen that cause that will be a knock off...Go to ebay and pick up a Delco EP381 for $45 shipped....
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

The Delco EP-381 or other brand equiv. pumps are good to about 300 crank HP on a supercharged engine. With the mods you are talking about running, you should be ok using this pump and it will bolt right in to a 87-88 Fiero tank and sending unit without modification. MAKE SURE you discard the stock Fiero pulsator (plastic and metal piece that connects the factory Fiero fuel pump to the sending unit line) and replace that with the rubber line and clamps supplied with the new fuel pump. If you buy a Delco EP-381 or Delphi FE0114 pump kit, it should come with the in-tank rated rubber hose and clamps you'll need to do this. Get a new inlet filter/sock/strainer for the stock Fiero pump and it will install right onto either of these new pumps.

Rockauto.com and Amazon.com will probably be the cheapest place you'll find either of these pumps at.

-ryan

I didn't do that part above..... what is that? I'm planning on dropping the tank tomorrow and fixing that, but what is a pulsator?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

I didn't do that part above..... what is that? I'm planning on dropping the tank tomorrow and fixing that, but what is a pulsator?

It is a little plastic/rubber connector that connects the fuel pump to the metal supply line......
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a DW 200 fuel pump on a stock (except for 3.4" pulley) on a 3800 SC Series II engine yesterday and it works quite nicely. There is almost zero pump noise and it has a three year no fault warranty. This is not to bad for a $90 pump that is supposed to be able to handle large quantities of alcohol without seal damage.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock