gas tank sending unit question by woodyhere
Started on: 09-16-2013 11:51 PM
Replies: 4 (323 views)
Last post by: woodyhere on 09-17-2013 06:24 PM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 GT sbc. I took the in- tank pump out and modified the pick up. I have been using an external pump and carb. Now I want to go to EFI and would like to put a pump back in the tank. I hacked up the original pump mount. Anyone know of a source for a new sending unit complete with all the pipes and pump mount?

Thanks, Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave.
I looked at the Fiero store web site before putting an inquiry in the forum. I couldn't find one even though I used several search variations of the part I needed. I sent them an email and they answered giving me a link to the part I was looking for. It's over $200 so I think I need to find another solution. I think a trip to the U-pull it yard is in order.

Woody
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:
Thanks Dave.
I looked at the Fiero store web site before putting an inquiry in the forum. I couldn't find one even though I used several search variations of the part I needed. I sent them an email and they answered giving me a link to the part I was looking for. It's over $200 so I think I need to find another solution. I think a trip to the U-pull it yard is in order.

Woody

If your sending unit still works, why not just get creative and modify the current assembly as needed to accept an in tank pump, shouldn't be too difficult.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking the same thing after I saw what a new one costs. I read in the forum about cleaning the sending unit to get it back to normal. Mine still works but is not real accurate so a little clean-up is time well spent. I have a sending unit from an Astro van around here some place. Think I'll use the pump mount off that one - if I can find it. Thanks for you suggestion.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock