Need help with manual remote start by DaytonTD
Started on: 09-16-2013 11:58 AM
Replies: 5 (197 views)
Last post by: DaytonTD on 09-17-2013 01:29 AM
DaytonTD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed my ultra start car alarm last night and everything seems to work fine, however when I go do the sequence for the remote start (leave car running, apply park brake, push remote button, turn of key and remove, then exit feel and it will shut down once the door is closed), then attempt to remote start it, it says on the remote there is a park brake fault. So it is basically not detecting that the park brake is applied. I corrected it by realizing that I went off the illumination light on the dash (which does not work when the car is off therefore it detects it when it runs but not when it is off and ready to start. Makes sense, so I rewired it directly to that purple wire at the lever. Still does not work.

My instructions say: PARK BRAKE INPUT (BLK/WHT) (-) Connect to the Park Brake wire. Am I missing something? I used a test light going from 12v power to the computers connection and the lever works like it should - the light illuminates when the lever is pulled up.

[This message has been edited by DaytonTD (edited 09-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the remote start looking for a ground or 12v? I'm not positive, but I think the parking brake lever just grounds out.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest I am a little confused by what it needs after staring at it for so long. But the installation guide says (-). So I assume on my car power comes from a 12v source, to the illumination light, then to the purple wire which runs to the lever. Then when the lever is applied it sends power through the circuit to the lever and can ground at the lever because it is grounded by the chassis. Am I right in splicing the (-) alarm wire to the purple wire?

[This message has been edited by DaytonTD (edited 09-16-2013).]

imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aaron,

Yes, you need to apply a gnd to that input when the parking brake lever is set. The service manual says it is connector C3, pin 14. Since I have an Ultrastarter sitting here awaiting to be installed, I would be interested in ALL of the connections you use. I have this unit installed in my beater daily driver and it works wonderfully well once you have made the lil dance to activate it habit. (No need to push a button to activate once you have it set up.....just tap the brake pedal twice.

Larry
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Humor me on this...prepare the car like you are supposed to....then sit in the car with your foot on the clutch and see if it does the same thing when you try to start it with the remote.
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys but it turned out they supplied two different wires for the door ajar switch. I wired the wrong one (one is positive and one is negative).

Now the car attempts to start (the starter does not actually turn) a few times then it flashes and says tach fault. I programmed the tach reading and it worked, but when I do the sequence it still does not remote start. Even when I simulate getting out of the vehicle but staying in and holding the clutch pedal down. I'll re-check my wiring tomorrow.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock