Using Sea Foam in an engine by 86 Vintage Fiero
Started on: 09-15-2013 01:04 PM
Replies: 3 (291 views)
Last post by: northstar on 09-15-2013 06:08 PM
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone used the Sea Foam in their tank or straight through the engine to clean out carbon? If so, is it as good as advertised?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/123034.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/123407.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 09-15-2013).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used it on the last two V6 Fieros I've owned, and it's done a relatively good job. The stock PCV setup gets a lot of residual oil in the upper plenum and intake, so this helps to burn it all off and clean most of that up. As Orge heeds in one of those threads, be careful with some four cylinder cars because they have a filter in-line with the brake booster vac line.

You're going to read varying degrees of using it in the actual crankcase. I always wait until it's oil change time, then run a can through the crankcase, drive it for about 20 minutes, then change the oil. Don't put the product into the car and drive around like normal. It can cause oil leaks to appear if you didn't have one before, or make a present leak more pronounced. Or it may do nothing of the sort at all. Your results will vary.

For as cheap as a can costs, it for sure doesn't hurt to run it through the intake at the least.
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I take the vacuum line from any source on the intake and stick it down into the can of seafoam keep the RPM's up on the engine until the entire can is run through the intake .it will smoke like hell but will definitely clean out the intake and valvetrain and piston and rings.I love the stuff

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock