Started on: 09-12-2013 01:58 PM
Replies: 8 (184 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 09-13-2013 10:59 AM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I do not have a picture yet, but I will get on as soon I get underneath the car again, but here's a description for now. It is a flat connector, probably 2 pronged. The other plug, it is mated to, probably has two tangs on it like a fuse, or something similar. The connector is located on the front side of the engine near the AC compressor. I already have two plugs in the AC compressor, and do not see a spot for this plug on the compressor. It is not the plug that connects at the deck lid. That one is already accounted for. Any ideas?

Edit: 86 GT, stock 2.8 motor.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 09-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the oxygen sensor connecter. The reason it is short from the harness is because the oxygen sensor itself has wires about 8-10" long to reach it.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaytonTD:

Sounds like the oxygen sensor connecter. The reason it is short from the harness is because the oxygen sensor itself has wires about 8-10" long to reach it.

Nope, the oxygen sensor is locked and loaded. Thanks for playing.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 09-12-2013).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it is the connector the AC clutch. It is a flat 2 prong connector that attaches right behind the belt on the front of the compressor.
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be that too, that one is more flat and plugs into the front of the compressor on the bottom.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One is black and one is dk green? AC compressor clutch.

It most likely has a diode hanging between the two terminals on the back side and that is covered with nasty black duct type tape.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-12-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Sounds like it is the connector the AC clutch. It is a flat 2 prong connector that attaches right behind the belt on the front of the compressor.

I think we have a winner. I will still have to look, but I did not check the belt side of the compressor. I will update when I look at it tomorrow. I'm already cleaned up for the day, and to be honest I just don't feel like looking at it right now.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

It most likely has a diode hanging between the two terminals on the back side and that is covered with nasty black duct type tape.

That's it! Pluses all around, except for you phonedawg. You already have one.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Does it matter which way it is plugged in? I'm thinking no, or they would have made it with a connector that only allows one way to plug it in.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock