Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Can I weld or bolt in a muffler between the inlet pipe and the driver side tailpipe?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can I weld or bolt in a muffler between the inlet pipe and the driver side tailpipe? by FieroGT-987
Started on: 09-12-2013 10:48 AM
Replies: 8 (285 views)
Last post by: fffttt1 on 09-12-2013 03:17 PM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last few days I have been trying to come up with different options to get better sound than stock. I came to a conclusion, in stead of special ordering an expensive muffler then going through trouble of putting it on, which is slightly difficult on my 87 gt. A much easier way for me would be to just take out the stock muffler, and weld or bolt on maybe a magnaflow straight round muffler to the stock exhaust inlet, and the other muffler end to the driver side tailpipe, so the passenger side tailpipe would be just for looks technically. I think this would be simple and sound good. Sound like a good idea? Not sure how this would be a bad one
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are relatively new at PFF, but perhaps you need to be informed how things operate here.

Members are expected to start one thread per topic.

So far, this is the 6th thread you've started regarding your exhaust in the last few days.

Before Cliff (the boss) steps in, you may wish to discontinue doing this.
FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a way to delete my old posts? I am sorry everone I was unaware
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can't delete your threads once they've been responded to.

You'll find that you'll benefit if you keep all discussion regarding a particular topic to one thread.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The unwritten forum rule is - It is strictly forbidden to have more active threads than pontiackid86 at any one time Sometimes it takes a while to get the answer you want especially if your question is a moving target! and as for deleting a post - the damage is done - stick to this one and if you questions change again - ask them here. As for a your latest 'what if' just do it - you can always change it if you don't like it.
FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Apolagize again, sorry to bother everyone. I now realize my mistakes haha
Thanks everyone for the help!
This is my last new topic! I promise! Anyone know if this would be a good muffler install method? I dont see why not
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

The unwritten forum rule is - It is strictly forbidden to have more active threads than pontiackid86 at any one time .

Is that even possible?
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is something you might want to check out.
http://www.carchemistry.com/cc-inserts/
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried a lot of combinations with my stock 2.8. A Spintech muffler with a Cherry Bomb glass pack in place of the cat is what I'm running now. It sounds real sweet @ idle, not irritatingly droning when cruising, and not raspy when the revs climb.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock