Need help with 4T60E trans from 95 Cadillac by ts6681
Started on: 09-11-2013 12:20 AM
Replies: 3 (220 views)
Last post by: ts6681 on 09-12-2013 12:21 AM
ts6681

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am installing an engine and trans from a 95 Cadillac in my 86 Fiero GT. This is a computer controlled transmission with vaccum modulator. The engine runs but my transmission does not seem to be working. I checked my computer input and output connections to my diagram and everything seems to be connected right. I static checked my inputs and outputs with the ignition on but not running. The shift pattern per the schematics is correct comming in but the shift solenoids A and B always remain on. Am I missing something? I confirmed my PCM wiring with a manual from the local cadillac dealer but I have run across several variations on the internet for connecting the PCM. Any help will greatly be Apreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't sound correct that two of the lines remain the same all the time.
I know there are several ways of wiring this trans, depending upon what year it is.
I think the 95 was OBD 1.5 (interim step between the old OBD1 and the new OBD2) so there may also be some strangeness associated with that.

Be sure of your wiring, and the year of the trans and ECM. Make sure that any chip that you have made is compatible with your setup. (The 4.9 has like 5 or 6 different tuner "vehicle definition files". There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what file works with what year or options, other than the broadcast code on the chip. Seems like it would be easy to get confused.)

What is the broadcast code on your chip? Should be a 4 character code. BWYB, AUXW, etc.
It should be on a label on the ECM as well, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's actually what's plugged in. They're easy to unplug and swap around.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-11-2013).]

ts6681

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The code is BHFW it come out of the same car with the motor and transmision. I rewired the harness with information and wiring diagram from cadillac dealer. But its not to say it was correct but it did match the plugs on the computer. This is first time i done anything lime this and believe i am missing something.
ts6681

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ts6681Send a Private Message to ts6681Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The information I got off the internet that seemed to match what I had I believe is correct because the engine will start. There are several versions of connections for the transmission not sure how to really wire it. I built a circuit to bypass the security system to get it to run. About to the point of starting over or sending the computer out to be programmed. thryng to get hold of GM tunner to see what can be done but any sujestions would be very helpfull.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock