Turn signal lever (phanton wiper) issue by h.d.fire
Started on: 09-09-2013 10:06 PM
Replies: 10 (519 views)
Last post by: NetCam on 09-10-2013 08:33 PM
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
Finally working out the last of the bugs in my 86 SE DGP wide body. I have the dreaded "phantom wiper" issue and
I'm looking for the replacement turn signal/wiper control lever. My car has cruise, delay wiper & mist. Can someone
please provide me with the correct AC Delco part number?
Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AC Delco #D6372A
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't seem to find anything under that number. The one I thought it was is a AC Delco #25140856, but
I've seen so many different numbers (on ebay), just want to make sure I get the correct one.
Again, Im looking for the turn signal lever with cruise and the wiper controls.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try this link..http://www.acdelco.com/

That number gave you is discontinued.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 09-10-2013).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to the AC Delco site and that part number came up as a switch but no picture (not sure if that's what I'm after), I also did a search for 86' Fiero turn signal lever assy. and found part # 19244690. This looks EXACTLY like what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to figure out if you can order directly from that site?
Thanks much for the help!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AC DELCO #19244690

AC DELCO #25140376

I hope this helps...
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

AC DELCO #19244690

AC DELCO #25140376

I hope this helps...

YES! That's it! So now I just need to find the best price for this lever.
Thanks lt1!

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Problem.
85 SE VIN 9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that's it, great, but I don't think so. The switch we need is in the column and usually runs well over a hundred bucks. There are a number of threads on the subject. The pictured lever might work except I don't think the Fiero has any such connector. I was hoping to use a dash mounted switch, but if it works it will not have delay, only wash and three speeds. Search the site and/or wait for someone who knows more to reply. Sorry to be the bearer...
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may need more than just the lever to put an end to the phantom wipe. My 86 SE needed the column switch.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121868.html
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the stalk and it didn't help me at all, then I used the part mentioned in the thread above and it got rid of mine for about a year. One suggestion is if you don't drive the car in the rain, use the switch once in a while or it will return. Since I've started running the switch through the cycle once in a while (with the car off) it's gone away again.

Autozone Part # SW946.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock