Formula Coolant Lines by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 09-08-2013 08:30 PM
Replies: 4 (128 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 09-09-2013 07:45 AM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked in the engine bay of the formula I just bought when I was putting in a battery and I noticed a kind of screw plug on tge top of the water pump. On my 86gt a coolant line goes here. Is the cooling line routing different on the 88s? Why does it have a plug in that hole?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The heater core return was plumbed to the water pump on 85 - 86, they redesigned the passenger side coolant pipe for 87 - 88, the heater core return is near the right front cradle mount.
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you're saying tge port in the top of the water pump is supposed to have a plug in it?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RilesOfSmiles:

So you're saying tge port in the top of the water pump is supposed to have a plug in it?

That is correct.
If you ever buy a replacement pump, it may have the hose fitting there, and you'll need to take the plug out of your old 88 pump and put it in the new pump. The pumps are the same and can be interchanged if you block off the unneeded host fitting.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

That is correct.
If you ever buy a replacement pump, it may have the hose fitting there, and you'll need to take the plug out of your old 88 pump and put it in the new pump. The pumps are the same and can be interchanged if you block off the unneeded host fitting.

Usually the pump comes with the plug installed. When installing on an 85-86, you must transfer the fitting for the heater core return hose.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock