Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3800SC air conditioning schematics/prints? to help clarify wiring..please

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800SC air conditioning schematics/prints? to help clarify wiring..please by Curtisk1060
Started on: 09-08-2013 08:25 PM
Replies: 1 (808 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 09-08-2013 11:51 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does a good wiring diagram exist for the 3800SC engine swap of A/C exist for converting over to the 3800 compressor? I already have the one from purple 86gt but it doesn't show the actual wiring to the compressor clutch unless I'm just missing it. I also assume several of the existing wires from C203 D (blue) and C203 N ( blk/wht) basically stay as they are during the retrofit. Do most people just splice C2 pin 22 A/C request into C203 D or into the dk blu wire coming from the AC relay? I have the high pressure switch installed but just want to be sure of all of the A/C terminations to/from the PCM and C203 for proper operation. I also have one from someone else that was questioning the pin-outs of the A/C relay, but it was a bit unclear of wire colors, etc. Any clarification and a diagram which describes it would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The electrons can't tell the color of the plastic on the wires.

You don't need the high pressure switch.

You do need the 3 wire pressure transducer(sensor), connected to the high pressure side, wired to the 3800's PCM.

If the donor harness doesn't have a counter EMF diode on the compressor clutch, I add one. When the compressor clutch relay turns off the windings in the clutch itself will cause a counter EMF (voltage). That counter EMF voltage can damage the relay contacts over time. A counter EMF diode drains that voltage to ground.

http://www.radioshack.com/p...e&filterValue=Diodes

Install the diode so the side with the line on it connects to the green wire. The side without the line on it connects to a black wire that then connects to ground.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-08-2013).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock