Started on: 09-07-2013 01:30 PM
Replies: 7 (240 views)
Last post by: Niterrorz on 09-07-2013 09:01 PM
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been a while since ive posted but ive run into this snag and could use some help.

trying to get my ebrake working and i noticed there was no spring on my rear passenger caliper. no biggie i got a spring for it but as i look and compare the two rear calipers they dont have the same return spring hardware.

here is a few pictures of the caliper

theres no where to mount the spring that i can see. also ive looked online at other calipers and thats what puzzles me, is this a fiero caliper and someone just swapped out parts or it is different altogether?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That does not look factory to me, the blue spring looks like what it should be mounted like. However if you have the spring I would try to bind the spring where the green one is.

DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DaytonTD

175 posts
Member since Dec 2012
Double post

[This message has been edited by DaytonTD (edited 09-07-2013).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya thats what i thought to, thanks for the input! another problem that i didnt mention was the brake cable get bound up between the CV joint and the lower ball joint. it gets pinched in there. that is the way its suppose to be routed right?
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niterrorz

4119 posts
Member since Sep 2010
i just had a thought and it hurt a bit..... do you think someone used spring hardware from a left caliper and put it on the right one?
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually now that you mention it the bottom bracket where the cable clicks into is incorrect too, it is too high and inwards. The cable should run in between the CV boot and the control arm (further in), not the balljoint.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

i just had a thought and it hurt a bit..... do you think someone used spring hardware from a left caliper and put it on the right one?

If it can help, here's what my 87 rear passenger side caliper looks like:

With spring:

No Spring:

ebrake cable routing:

Your bracket isn't stock and is definitely mounted on the wrong side if one wants to put an ebrake cable in there.

Edit to add: The lever is also not the right one. Yours extend above the CV Booth while the stock one doesn't:

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 09-07-2013).]

Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks benoitmalenfant that does help very much so, i found that cable holder bracket on rock auto but all they had was the left side, as for the actual lever i could cut the back part off i just dont know how im gonna hold the actual cable in place unless i buy a whole new caliper with the hardware.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock